Anyone can start a blog, but not everyone knows what to do to make their blog successful. The goal of a good blog is to keep its readers happy and coming back to read more. To accomplish this there are certain things that have to be maintained.
Here is my definition of blogging success: A successful blog is one that is fun and enjoyable for its visitors. It shares entertaining and useful information that encourages its readers to share the information with others. The most successful of them all gets the readers to sign up for their newsletters, promotions, videos and products. Question is how do you make this happen.
Here Are 10 Easy Steps to Blogging Success:
1. Awesome Content: Awesome content is the ruler of all blogs. When you are able to supply your readers with unique and high quality content they become your number one fan. The most important thing about content is how relevant it is to what’s going on. So along with good content make sure the writing is something that is beneficial to the readers.
2. Keep it Simple: Too much is as bad as not enough. It’s not wise to try and impress your readers with over the top language and grammar. If the reader can’t understand what it is you are trying to say then they won’t revisit you blog. Another element to keeping it simple is “just say what you have to say.” In other words get to the point, beating around the bush for the sake of word count will not attract readers.
3. Be Interactive: Be available for your readers. Find an easy way for them to contact you should they need to, This can be done through a contact form , just remember to have it feed to an email that you check often. A timely response is very important.
4. About: Who you are and what you are writing about is two question you have to answer. The most simple way to answer these questions is to have an about page. This page needs to be used to provide clear information about yourself and your blog. It allows your blog to take on a more personal feel and the people to get to know who they are dealing
5. Appearance: The color of your site also makes a difference. It needs to be attractive yet calm enough to not run the readers away. This is best done with light colors or deeper colors like red, black, green and etc.
6. Navigation: Your site should be easy to navigate. All your menu buttons should not only link to important pages but they must work. I am sure you can relate to the fact that it can be very frustrating to click on a link or button that doesn’t work.
7. Advice: As the expert of your blog the readers are expecting you to recommend useful information and other sites. Just remember to only promote information you have either tried are no will be useful. A bad recommendation can counteract all your hard work and destroy your blogging success. Another thing you can offer is tips on what things you have done that worked for you. It doesn’t have to be a product it can be how-to-advice.
8. Give a Little: Another way to attract readers to your blog in offering them some kind of free product or promo. Some of examples of things you could offer is e-books, free advertising space, or a free subscription if you are offering a membership. These are only few options; the main idea is “what’s in it for me.” To attract the attention of most people these days they have to see how the time spent doing something is going to benefit them.
9. Use Social media: Make sure your blogs carry social media links so that people can easily share you and your information with other people. There are programs that allow you to do this all at once.
10. Advertising: Do allow your blog to be bogged down with a lot of advisements. Now I do recognize the whole purpose of a blog is to get some financial gain so you need to have some ads. Just remember to do this in a way that won’t turn readers off
There are other things that can be done to boost your blogging success. If you are unsure if you are on the right track, then I suggest you do the research and find out what other successful bloggers are doing. Download the “The Ultimate Blog Profit Model” for great information on how you can do better.. After doing the research decide what you want to write about and go from there. Remember that a successful blog is not built over night it takes a little time to build the trust of your readers.
Tip 11: Not Really a Tip but More a Suggestion
The worst thing you can do is neglect your blog. If you do not have the time to invest into the content and keeping regular post on your blog either outsource the content or wait till you have the time.
The Best Tip of All:
Think of what you would want to read about if you were a reader. Each time you write or offer something think of the reader and how they will find benefit from it. If the writing or offer doesn’t sound appealing to you it won’t be appealing to them.
All of the tips above are the foundation to a successful blog. As you become the expert blogger you will find that there are several other things that have made your blog a success.
Did you enjoy this post? Get John Chow Dot Com updates via email...
Stay up to date with all of John Chow’s tips for making money online and blog posts by subscribing via email. Your email will be kept private and never shared with anyone.