It’s time once again for the AMD Tech Tour. I look forward to going to the AMD Tech Tour every year. However, I won’t be able to make it this year because the tour is coming to Vancouver on June 6 – I’ll be in Taipei for Computex at that time.
For those who don’t know, the AMD Tech Tour happens every year in cities across the United States and Canada. It’s designed for system builders and resellers but nearly anyone is welcome to attend. The event features interactive demonstrations, information, giveaways, prize drawings, and even a complimentary buffet dinner.
Attendees get fast-lane access to benchmarks, product roadmaps, and technical information. And of course there is the opportunity to meet face-to-face with AMD and other company representatives.
Like last year’s tech tour, this year’s event will feature two hardware bundles that you can purchase during the show. You order these bundles online and pick it up at the show. The show itself is free. You are not required to buy a bundle but only a fool wouldn’t. You can easily flip it on eBay for a profit.
The Desktop Bundle
- AMD Athlon 64 4000+ Processor
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS
- MSI Motherboard K8NGM2-NBP NVidia C51 NBP chipset
- Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic Sound card – SB 0460
- $410.00 [Suggested Retail Price over $700.00]
The Server Bundle
- AMD Opteron Dual-Core Processor, Model 165
- Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium Edition
- TYAN Motherboard S2865G2NR
- $650.00 [Suggested Retail Price over $1,500.00]
That server bundle looks really good. I think I will send Dan to cover the tour and pick that up for me. You can sign up for the AMD Tech Tour here.