The 2010 Blog World Expo show floor opened today to let everyone network face to face with the companies that are driving blogging and social media. The show floor was a quite a bit bigger than last year and attendance was estimated at 5,000 by Blog World producers. If that is true, then Blog World has nearly doubled in size in just one year.
In addition to the show floor, I had two panel sessions and a book signing to do. All went well. I sold out the Blog World bookstore for my book, Make Money Online: Roadmap of a Dot Com Mogul. Thanks to everyone for coming. Of the two sessions I was in, the 60 tips in 60 minutes was the most fun. We made a bunch of “magic 8 ball” answers to questions that we got from the audience and put them up as slides. Some of those answers include:
- Zac Johnson will date you if you ask nicely
- If at first you don’t succeed, so much for sky diving
- No one cares what you say, unless you buy advertising…and John Chow’s book
- When you get kicked from behind, you’re in front
- The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese
- When everything’s coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane
- Have fun with your blog. Don’t worry if it doesn’t make any money. You still have your job
- Don’t take anything we say seriously
Here are some photos from the show floor and one photo from the Blogger Super Panel taken by Naomi Trower.