John’s blog is all about making money online, but at the end of the day business is about more than money. It’s about making a difference in the lives of you, your employees and your customers.
At one end of the scale people have made billions, spent it on luxurious houses, holidays and cars and have been forgotten. At the other end of the scale, people have made billions and given away most of it to charity and good causes. It’s their philanthropic nature to do so and they know no different. Who do you think will be remembered?
Here are a few quotes about business that I think we should all try to adhere to:
- “Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It’s not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it’s when you’ve had everything to do, and you’ve done it.” – Lord Acton
- “Every young man would do well to remember that all successful business stands on the foundation of morality.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “The wheel that squeaks the loudest is the one that gets the grease.” – Josh Billings
- “Learning is about more than simply acquiring new knowledge and insights; it is also crucial to unlearn old knowledge that has outlive its relevance. Thus, forgetting is probably at least as important as learning.” – Gary Ryan Blair
- “Do more than is required. What is the distance between someone who achieves their goals consistently and those who spend their lives and careers merely following? The extra mile.” – Gary Ryan Blair
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” – Les Brown
- “The work an unknown good man has done is like a vein of water flowing hidden underground, secretly making the ground green.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Effective leadership is putting first things first. Effective management is discipline, carrying it out.” – Stephen Covey
- “Profit in business comes from repeat customers, customers that boast about your project or service, and that bring friends with them.” – W. Edwards Deming
This post was “guest blogged” my me, Mitchell Harper. I also run my own blog where I focus on tips to increase your website traffic to your blog. I have been online for over 10 years and run a successful software company called Interspire.