You have started your blog, steadily built up traffic and have started monetizing with Adsense. Your first month of income comes and you are happy with what you have made! Do you stop and settle for this income? No!
Let me tell you what it’s time to do.
- Go to “Advanced Reports” and create a day by day, aggregate data report for your last month of earnings.
- Export the report into excel.
- Go through day by day and highlight your 10 biggest earning days. You will research these later.
- Once you know your 10 biggest earning days, match them up to the blog posts that made you that income.
- Make a list of the topics the highest earning posts covered. The more detail you review the better.
- Try to hit these topics in future posts when you want to increase your earnings.
- Be sure to test whether you want more or less adsense ads. Test both for a few days each. Different topics work better for different ad placements. (Or see what John does on this blog. His blending is excellent and his contextual matching is right on target.)
If you review your AdSense earnings breakdown each month, your income will gradually rise. No matter how much advertising income you have made, you can almost always do better. It just takes a little time but is well worth it.
This post was guest blogged by Jane May. She teaches readers how to create and monetize blogs on Daily Web Ideas.