Video is something a blogger can’t ignore, and for good reasons too. Pretty much any digital camera or smart phone today can film videos, and sites like YouTube and Vimeo offers a free way to host and share them. However, the current way videos are delivered offers a lot of room for improvement. This is where a new service call Viewbix comes in.
I first read about Viewbix over on TechCrunch. What the service does is allow you to leverage your videos by inserting interactive apps and sharing the experience across the web, mobile and social networks.
As a money-making blogger, you should always be looking for ways to maximize your reach. Instead of just sharing your YouTube videos, Viewbix allows your viewers to engage and transact while watching the videos.
With Viewbix, you’ll easily be able to add apps to existing videos, engage viewers and drive calls to action. Once a Viewbix is created, that interactive experience can then be shared across the web, mobile and social platforms. Here’s an example of a Viewbix I created for my demo video.
According to Viewbix, more than 20% of the viewers who watch a video in a Viewbix click on the call to action button or engage with at least one of the apps inside the player itself. The early stats with my video so far confirm this. Of the 52 people who watched the video today, 18 used one of the apps and three clicked the start your blog today button. Viewbix tracks every action that occurs in the player and reports those results so that you can optimize the players with the best performing apps. Other features include:
- Add clickable calls to action to your videos.
- Add custom skins, including a clickable banner – brand videos for your sites and brands.
- You can use any YouTube, VimeoPro, Amazon Web Services, Facebook or MP4/FLV file.
- Works on IOS and Droid Platforms – Fully mobile friendly.
- When shared on social sites like Facebook or Twitter, all functionality stays in tact including the clickable calls to action, newsletter sign ups (great for list building), etc…
- You can also set any of the apps to instantly open after the video plays. Newsletter sign ups and shopping link lists are the most popular for this.
- Viewbix has cloning features for single or batch clones for split testing or so you can keep the same skin and apps and just change out videos, etc…
- Full analytics with a Pro Account
Some popular Viewbix apps are:
- Email list and Newsletter list building – Aweber, Mail Chimp, iContact, etc.
- Skype – People can call you through the videos
- Coupons – You can list coupons and make printable coupons for people to use
- Maps – Show the locations of your retail stores, hotels or properties, etc…
- List – Lets you create a list of clickable links (like list of products from the videos), you can also use it for coupons for the stores and upsells or cross sells.
- Weather – Great for travel and destination based sites
- Scribd – Great for ebook publishers and authors
- RSS – Feed your blog’s rss feed through the video
Viewbix is based on a freemium model. There’s a base product with two free players, and a Pro plans starting at $19.95 for branded players, premium apps and detailed analytics. So far, I really like the service, and I think it will greatly improve the conversions on my marketing videos.
Make Money with Viewbix
Viewbix offers a very nice affiliate program so you can make money off them. The offer pays 50 cents per lead, plus 35% to 40% commission per sale. It also features a lifetime cookie so it doesn’t matter when the lead buys.
The affiliate program is run by my friends at Share A Sale and managed by Adam Riemer Marketing. They can give affiliates custom creatives and deals for extra promotions or pushes. You can sign up for the affiliate program here.