Note: This post was guest blogged by me, Mitchell Harper of www.HarpzOn.com. After a brief break from blogging I’m back and will be updating my blog as per usual.
If you’re subscribed to my mailing list then you’ll know that I’ve started my blog back up again at www.harpzon.com. I love blogging and helping people and couldn’t keep away for too long – I just had some other projects I had to take care of, such as Big Response (a hosted email marketing solution that we’re launching here in Australia).
In today’s guest post I thought I’d tell you how I’m planning to resurrect my blog. Although the RSS subscribers has stayed the same (500 or so), traffic has dropped from over 1,000+ uniques a day to about 300 – which is still pretty good considering I just had HarpzOn.com redirected to Interspire.com.
There are a few things I’m going to do to get my blog back into the limelight:
1. Guest post like crazy. Since I started blogging I’ve become good friends with John and lots of other “big time” bloggers, so I’ve kindly asked them if I can guest post on their blogs and guess what, they all agreed 🙂
2. Post excellent content for link bait purposes. I’m in the process of writing a “top 100” post for my blog. It will be absolutely massive and will be up within the week. I wont tell you what it’s about but I can tell you if you have a blog you wont want to miss it.
3. Just like I did before I’ll be contributing my thoughts as comments to a lot of the blogs I read. I haven’t had much time to do that lately but now that things have died down I have to time to really start reading blog posts again
4. I’m also putting out a press release. It costs $80 and drives an *insane* amount of traffic. The trick with a press release is to link your newsworthy item to a major even that’s going on, so I might tie my press release into the “emerging trend” of “professional blogging” or something like that. You just have to be creative.
5. Finally, I’ll visit my friends over at ReviewMe and order up some reviews of my blog. More specifically this will be my “I’m baaaaaack” campaign, which I’ll promote for a few weeks. If you’re on my mailing list you would’ve got an email from me about it this morning.
So there you have it, my plan to “make a come back” so to speak. I have lots of exciting topics to write about and taking a break from blogging has really helped me feel refreshed and rejuvenated. It’s also a nice reason to do some public relations and social marketing to get the word out there 🙂