John and I were having a discussion about what kind of series you guys would enjoy and benefit from at the same time. John is more clever than I am and he calls the shots here, so he decided on a series about how to get a girlfriend. The leading question is, will having more money help you get a girlfriend, and that’s something that will be tied together in the final part of this series.
Qualifications. Yes, I do have a girlfriend. I have read dozens of books on pick up in college and I’m friends with some of the greatest pick up artists in the world. My techniques will most likely work for you, but that depends on if you follow them. My techniques will not be the end all be all, but it’ll give you a different approach to consider.
Part 1 – Building Confidence
- Have fun. No matter what the out come, remember to have fun, regardless of the circumstances. Life really is about the journey because whenever you get somewhere you’re always looking for something bigger and better. If you cannot take pleasure in what you have than you aren’t living life properly. Even the worst of times can have an element of fun if you choose them to.
- Good intentions. When you have good intentions for another person, such as supporting them with a tough situation or just wanting to entertain them and bring them a good time, you have a totally different mindset as to whether they are judging you or not. When you don’t feel like people are judging you, you are naturally more self-confident.
- Positivity. Our whole universe is created from language – that’s right, without language it would not exist. That is why the way you think, feel, and act is also connected to language. By utilizing the most positive language you are effectively changing your frame of mind to be a genuinely positive person.
- Gratitude. Be thankful for what you have, instead of looking to get more from yourself. This doesn’t mean stop exercising, making money online, stop learning, or accept that you are single. It simply means that there isn’t anything lacking in you.
- Stand Proud. Besides words, body language has a big role in how you will feel. In order to feel confident, stand tall, shoulders back, chin up, and gut in. This will not only exhume confidence to others but literally transform your personal confidence level.
- Personal Development. By improving the areas in your life that you think you need to work on you will naturally be more self-confident. You can brush up on all your personal development on my site.
- Toastmasters International. Since much of our self-confidence rests in words and language it follows that being able to speak eloquently will boost our self-confidence. I am personally enrolled in Toastmasters, which is a club available world wide, and from the short time I have been with them I have already become more confidence speaking to large groups.
- Landmark Forum. Despite what anyone will tell you, I’ll vouch for this as the most transformational seminar you can take. I laugh at people that say it’s a cult, when in reality it’s just a company that offers courses on fortifying your views on life. Coming out of the forum you’ll get rid of all your fears and baggage, and come to the realization that life is meaningless except for whatever meaning you choose to give it.
- Exercise. Didn’t think I’d forget about this one, did you? The mere act of exercising, even if you aren’t in shape yet, gives you a huge boost of confidence. This is because you are living into a future of being healthy and energetic, and your current situation will reflect that future.
- Dress well. In the name of frugality I do not recommend breaking your wallet for an expensive wardrobe – I don’t. You can get thrifty clothes that fit you body type at less expensive stores like Marshall’s, TJMax, and H&M. Make sure you buy something that fits your body type and style, and if you aren’t sure what that is, find someone who does and ask them to help you shop.
- Be Clean. Need I even mention this one? Yes, because not everyone follows this to the T. Washing every day, brushing your teeth, using deodorant, cologne, and having a tidy haircut can all go a long way towards your self-confidence and towards the way people react towards you.
I hope you find the topic of discussion appropriate for this site, since some people here are too busy working hard and making money while neglecting their human needs. Make sure you subscribe so that you don’t miss any parts of this ongoing series.
Did you enjoy this post? Get John Chow Dot Com updates via email...
Stay up to date with all of John Chow’s tips for making money online and blog posts by subscribing via email. Your email will be kept private and never shared with anyone.