The evening dinner reception for my cousin’s wedding was held at Kirin Mandarin Restaurant at the Three West Centre in the heart of Richmond. The entire 350 seat restaurant was booked out for this event.
If you have ever been to a Chinese wedding banquet then you know they are a big deal. I think Chinese wedding banquets ranks near the top of the most expensive list. Dinner cost $548.00 per table of 10 (there was 32 table plus the head wedding table) and I haven’t even added tax, tips and drinks yet. Expensive yes, but you only get married once. At least you hope so!
The twelve course dinner menu was fit for royalty. The service at Kirin was top class. They’ve changed our plate after every course. The menu consisted of the following:
- Kirin Special Platter with Roasted Pig
- Geoduck SautÃ©ed with Prawn and Chicken
- Deep Fried Crab Claw Wrapped with Minced Prawn
- Shark Fin with Crab Meat and Fish Maw Soup
- Live Lobster in ConsommÃ© with Light Ginger and Green Onion
- Sliced Abalone Braised with Chinese Mushroom and Selected Vegetable
- Steamed Live Rock Cod
- Crispy Skin Chicken
- Kirin Special Fried Rice
- Stewed E-Fu Noodle with Tender Scallion in Abalone Sauce
- Two Kinds of Dim Sum Dessert
- Chef’s Special Sweetened Soup
Enjoy the pictures. Hope it doesn’t make you too hungry.