This almost not safe for work video from Good Magazine explains what we have known all along – Internet pornography makes a lot of money online. The stats are quite staggering. Here are just a few.
- 89% of porn is created in the U.S.
- $2.84 billion in revenue was generated from U.S. porn sites in 2006
- $89 per second is spent on porn
- 72% of porn viewers are men
- 260 new porn sites go online everyday
Usually the porn industry innovates first and key features make their way to more mainstream sites. But over the last couple of years, many of the new ideas around web applications, like user generated content, video sharing, etc., went mainstream first and are now hitting the porn sites.
No, I am not planning to make a porn site. Enjoy the video. Remember, it’s almost not safe for work! I thought the foot notes were very creative.