If you’re using Mailchimp to do your email affiliate marketing, you better consider switching to Aweber. According to Shoemoney, Mailchimp updated their TOS with a nice little line that prohibits Affiliate Marketing links in emails using their service. The stupid thing about this is Mailchimp has their own affiliate program. I guess you can’t use Mailchimp to promote it anymore! Other things you can’t promote with Maichimp include:
- Illegal goods or services
- Escort and dating services
- Pharmaceutical products
- Work from home, Internet Lead-gen, Make money on online opportunities, etc.
- Online trading, day trading tips, or stock market related content
- Gambling services, products or gambling education
- Multi-level marketing
- Affiliate marketers
- Credit repair, get-out-of-debt content
- Mortgages and/or Loans
- Nutritional Supplements, Herbal Supplements or Vitamin Supplements
- Pornography or nudity in content
- Adult novelty items or references in content
- List brokers or List rental services
- Marketing or sending commercial email without proper permission
I am so glad I use Aweber for all my email marketing needs. Not only are they the best in the business, but they welcome affiliate marketers and don’t have a problem with you putting an affiliate link in your emails, as long as you adhere to their service agreement. Shoe had this interesting side note on his post.
I started with Aweber a long time ago but have moved on to lots of other services over the yearsâ€¦ I have always come back to Aweber. There is no better service.
Some people have to learn the hard way. I started with Aweber, and I never left. 🙂