For the second episode of Cooking with John Chow (see the first episode here), I decided to show you the plant-based protein shake I make every morning before going on my 24 mile bike ride.
The shake is made with all organic ingredients, and provides more essential nutrients than most people get in a week. Best of all, it taste great! Consuming this shake is one of the reasons I’ve gone from 220 pounds down to 183 pounds.
The protein is 100% plant-based. It’s also dairy free, whey free, and gluten free. You can use it as a workout drink, a meal replacement, or both.
- 1 organic banana, plus whatever other organic fruits you like
- 1 tablespoon of organic chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon of organic flaxseeds
- 1 tablespoon of organic hemp seeds
- 2 scoops of Orgain Organic Protein Powder
- 8 oz home-made almond milk
Put everything into the Vitamix and blend on high until it’s nice and smooth. Enjoy!