My good friend and fellow professional blogger, Darren Rowse, has released the 2nd edition of his Problogger book. You can get it now at Amazon.com. If you read the first edition (I have it on Kindle) then you should enjoy the new edition.
While it’s not a complete rewrite, Darren and Chris have added enough new content to the second edition to make it worth buying, especially if you never bought the original. Some of the new stuff includes:
- There have been many many small updates and changes throughout the book. New examples, screenshots, updates of new tools, a few deletions of references to old tools, an update to our stories in the intro etc.
- They’ve removed a chapter on blog networks – things have changed a lot in this space and many networks are not hiring any more or have changed their models significantly.
- Chris has added a fairly significant chapter on social media and how it impacts and can be used by bloggers
- Darren have added a case study chapter that goes through the first 4 years of his main blog – Digital Photography School. He work through how he launched it, what he focused upon in years 1-2 and then in years 3-4, how he monetize it and share the secrets to how he drive significant traffic and income through email newsletters, social media etc.
- Bonuses – they’re offering anyone who buys the book a series of bonuses (some interviews with successful bloggers, some extra teaching etc)
Problogger cost $16.95 direct Amazon.com. If your book order totals $25 or more, shipping is free. I recommend you combine Problogger with my book, Make Money Online – Roadmap of a Dot Com Mogul to qualify for the free shipping. My book ships on May 1. Problogger ships today. Enjoy reading!