Have you done your taxes yet? I can hear some of you groaning already. It’s now mid-April and that means one thing: the tax filing deadline is quickly approaching! If you live in the US, you have until this Thursday, April 15th to file. That’s not much time at all.
Thankfully, there’s pretty good online tax filing software available for US residents including TurboTax, TaxACT, and H&R Block At Home (for Canadians, QuickTax is a good one). Check out the reviews of each.
And in order to promote the benefits of quick and easy online tax filing, the Money Crashers personal finance blog is holding an awesome contest giving away 3 brand new Apple iPads.
Here’s how you can win one of these hot new gadgets:
First, check out the Online Tax Filing 2010 Giveaway page on MoneyCrashers.com. To enter, all you need to do is sign up for the contest mailing list. In addition, you can perform certain fun social actions on the site in order to gain entries for the random drawing of 3 iPads on April 16th. You don’t need to buy anything to participate and you can still win even if you’ve already filed your taxes. Below is the full list of “actions” to gain entries:
- Sign up for the contest mailing list on the Money Crashers site (required) – 1 entry
- Subscribe to the Money Crashers RSS feed via email – 20 entries
- Comment on any Money Crashers blog posts – 3 entries for every comment
- Write a blog post about the Money Crashers 2010 Online Tax Filing Giveaway – 30 entries
- Follow @MoneyCrashers on Twitter – 15 entries
- Tweet out the following message – “Win a free Apple iPad just for filing your taxes online! @MoneyCrashers 2010 Online Tax Filing Giveaway http://bit.ly/c8iKSU #moneycrashers” – 10 entries
- Email the contest post to a friend – 5 entries
- File your taxes online by April 15th using the links to one of the 3 tax filing services (TurboTax, TaxACT, H&R Block At Home). Once you’ve done that, forward the tax return confirmation email to mc [- at-] money crashers [-dot- ] com – 100 entries. You’re still eligible for this even if you’ve already filed as long as you send over the tax confirmation email you’ve already received.
So what exactly is Money Crashers all about?
Money Crashers is a popular personal finance blog and community site offering tips and guidance on topics like investing, saving money, getting out of debt, and building wealth. Sure, making money online is great – but you have to understand how to budget and manage your money properly in order to get to the top. Money Crashers is a great place to learn!
Be sure to sign up for the Money Crashers RSS feed to get important personal finance tips and resources delivered to you each day.
Did you enjoy this post? Get John Chow Dot Com updates via email...
Stay up to date with all of John Chow’s tips for making money online and blog posts by subscribing via email. Your email will be kept private and never shared with anyone.