The WordPress Even for The Fraser Valley
Every 20 seconds a new WordPress blog comes online. WordPress is the most used blogging software in the World with millions of users across the globe. It makes creating and managing a blog easy with an intuitive user interface.
This WordCamp Fraser Valley event is for anyone that has an interest in blogging and WordPress in general. Beginner’s will learn more about what blogging is and what WordPress software can do. Expert WordPress users will be able to network and learn from other expert bloggers.
For Twitter Users As Well
This year, WordCamp Fraser Valley will be adding a track on twitter. If you are not currently using the micro blogging software then this will be an excellent opportunity to learn it. If you’re already on Twitter, then we’ll show you how to take maximum advantage of it.
For Beginners to Developers
WordCamp Fraser Valley will be split up into 4 tracks. This way people can attend the track they feel they fit into and skip presentations they feel might be to basic or advanced for them. The 4 tracks we have this year are:
- Beginner – For those who are just getting started out
- Intermediate – Ideal for bloggers who want to grow
- Development – Learn to develop from people who develop on WordPress
- Twitter – A great start for someone who wants to learn about Twitter
Where and When
WordCamp Fraser Valley will be happening on August 22, 2009 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. I’m sure there’ll be some kind of after party or tweetup afterwords. Location is TBA but it’ll be in the Surrey/Langley area.
20% Off Early Bird Pricing
This event will cost $25 per track or $75 for all 4 tracks. The early bird pricing will be 20% off if purchased before August. You can register here. Use Coupon code WCFV08 to get another $5.00 off (good before August only).
Speakers, schedule and topics will be updated and posted at a later date. However, I’ll be speaking there so that’s all that matters, right? 🙂
Sponsor WordCamp Fraser Valley
How Can You help?
- Write your own post on your own blog and link back to this one. Getting the word out will be the best way to get registrations.
- Invite your friends that you know use WordPress and live in the Fraser Valley.
- Post a note about it on Facebook.
- Book mark this page to del.icio.us.
- Digg It on Digg.
- Twitter, FriendFeed, Pounce about it to your friends.