If you live in the lower mainland and are planning to attend the first ever WordPress Camp happening in the Fraser Valley on July 16 but haven’t registered yet, then you better do so quick. With only 20 days to go, registration is already 1/3 full. The camp will be limited to 100 people.
WordCamp Fraser Valley organizer, Blue Fur Webhosting, is still looking for a Coffee & Snack sponsor. Also, if you want to donate a few door prizes in exchange for sponsorship, give the blue one a shout.
WordPress is the most used blogging software in the World with millions of users across the globe. It makes creating and managing a blog easy with an intuitive user interface. This event is for anyone that has an interest in blogging and WordPress in general. Beginner’s will learn more about what blogging is and what WordPress software can do. Expert WordPress users will be able to network and learn from other expert bloggers.
Schedule for WordCamp
- 6:00 PM – 6:10 PM Introductions and Welcome
- 6:10 PM – 6:40 PM Raul Pacheco – I Switched to WordPress, and So Can You!
- 6:40 PM – 7:10 PM Kerry Sauriol – Building a Community Blog.
- 7:10 PM – 7:30 PM Break and Networking
- 7:30 PM – 8:00 PM Kulpreet Singh – Secure your WordPress blog.
- 8:00 PM – 8:30 PM Rebecca Bollwitt – Custom Page and Sidebar Templates.
- 8:30 PM – 9:00 PM John Chow – Evil ways to increase traffic.
WordCamp Fraser Valley will be held on Wednesday, July 16 at the Cascades Casino in Langley, BC. Cost for the event is completely free but you must preregister. You can reserve your seat here. Hope to see you there!