For those who don’t know who Adii is, he was the grand prize sponsor for my RSS competition against Shoemoney. The winner of the grand prize was Keith Dsouza of Techie Buzz and you can head on over there and check out the shiny new theme TB is now running.
Adii normally charge $750 for a custom design theme but he also has some exclusive themes available at a much lower price point. One of them is the Premium News theme and Adii order this ReviewMe review to let you know that from now until midnight of December 26, the theme is available for 30% off.
One of the Best News Theme I’ve Ever Seen
From now until midnight December 26, you can pick up the Premium News Theme for only $70 (regular price $99.95) for a single-use license and $175 (regular $249.95) for a multi-use license.
Some of the unique features of the Premium News Theme include:
- Integrated â€œPremium News Optionsâ€ to change colour scheme, homepage layout etc.
- Featured Posts panel on the homepage using jQuery technology to display and hide the posts
- Built-in Video Player to publish your YouTube videos
- Integrated Banner Management script to display randomized banner ads of your choice site-wide
- Pretty dropdown navigation
- Different homepage layouts and colour schemes to choose from
- Widget-ready sidebars
The built-in video player is an extremely nice touch. Video blogging is going to get huge and having a theme ready to take advantage of it will mean more money down the line. Videos can be toggle on and off through the WordPress control panel.
The theme front page serves as a portal for all the news story. It makes nice use of tabs and drop down menu to access sub categories. The inside page is a traditional two column layout.
Customizable & For Ambitious Bloggers
This is definitely a serious theme for the serious blogger looking to make money online. The theme looks extremely professional and is very easy to monetize with the buit-in banner management system. The theme has also been coded in such a way as to allow for easy customization and Adii has included a Theme Options tab to allow the user to make some choices from within his WP admin panel without changing any code. Some of the options include:
- 7 different colour schemes
- Control the layout of the homepage
- Control the amount of posts being displayed on the homepage
- Which categories to display in the highlighted areas of your homepage
- Integrate your Flickr & Feedburner accounts
- Banner Ad Management
Adii is already working on two new modifications for the Premium News Theme (he posted about them here and here) and owners of the original version will be able to get these modifications for free if they pay an annual fee of $30 to $50. Updates to any of Adii’s themes are for free, but these are new modifications, which means you’ll receive a few more themes in the new year – all built on the original backend. $30 to $50 for another Adii theme is a very good price.
If you’re looking to create a news type blog and don’t want to pay Adii $750 to custom design one for you, then his Premium New Theme is the next best thing.