Lewis Howes opened the monetization track of BlogWorld Expo New York with a power-packed session on how to make money with webinars. Lewis started in the Internet marketing business with an ebook about LinkedIn. He was writing about LinkedIn on his blog and monetizing his sites using the standard methods. However, things didn’t really got going until he did his first webinar.
Lewis’s first webinar made him $6,300, which is not bad for an hour’s work. It was a webinar about how to leverage LinkedIn. Lewis’s second webinar had only three PowerPoint slides for a ninety minute presentation but still made $12,500.
The Webinar Business Model
The basic webinar model is to offer an hour or more of free information and then sell the audience something at the end. The model works better than most because the conversion on a webinar is much higher. During his session, Lewis gave his ten sure-fired steps to make money online with a webinar.
- The webinar needs to be an experience
- Optimize the registration page
- Leverage social media – create an event for the event
- Promote the webinar 4 to 7 days in advance
- Start seeding before the webinar starts (give shout outs to attendees)
- Make sure you start on time
- One slide per minute
- Over delivery as much as possible
- Make it about your audience
- Make the offer irresistible
- Follow up
After the presentation, Lewis opened the floor to questions. Syed and I couldn’t help but to go up and ask him a stump the Lewis question. The look on his face was priceless.