You know Twitter is becoming an importing part of marketing when companies are willing to invest a substantial sum of money on it. Take for example, the Twitter contest Clickbooth and I just started. We have $5,000 of prizes up for grab and the only thing you have to do to enter is to follow us and retweet a tweet.
Clickbooth currently have about 2,500 Followers. Their goal is to at least double this within the two months. The more followers they get, the more prizes they’ll give out, and the better the prizes are.
Winners will have a choice of two different prizes depending on the Tier that Clickbooth hits at the end of the contest. Once we hit each tier, we will give away the prize of that tier and the ones below it (e.g. If Clickbooth hit 3,500 followers, we will give away the Cannon HD Camcorder and an Amazon Kindle) If every tier is hit, we will give away all the prizes (4 winners).
Tier 1 Prize
- 3,000 Followers (1 winner)
- If we hit that tier, we will be giving away either an Amazon Kindle 2 + $50 Amazon Gift Card or a 32GB iPod Touch +$50 iTunes Gift Card
Tier 2 Prize
- 3,500 Followers (1 winner)
- If we hit that tier, we will also be giving away either a Sony PS3 plus Sharp 32â€ LCD HDTV or a Canon VIXIA HFS100 HD Flash Memory Camcorder
Tier 3 Prize
- 5,000 Followers (1 winner)
- If we hit that tier, we will also be giving away either a 24â€ iMac or a Trip for two to Las Vegas
Tier 4 Prize
- 10,000 Followers (1 winner)
- If we hit that tier, we will also be giving away either a 250cc Stealth 4 Stroke Full Size Sport ATV or a 15â€ Macbook Pro
How to Enter:
- Follow @JohnChow
- Follow @Clickbooth
- Send the following Tweet to your followers:
I’ve just entered to win a $5000 Twitter contest! Just follow @JohnChow and @clickbooth and RT. http://xr.com/clickbooth
A contest doesn’t get much simpler than that. The winners will be drawn during the first week of August. We have that long to push Clickbooth to 10,000 followers and make all the prizes available. I think we can do it. Good luck and go enter now!