WordPress is the world’s most popular CMS (content management system), with around 60%-70% of people using it for blogging, ecommerce, and general websites. They gained their popularity by offering a complete solution to people looking to get started quickly and without any prior experience. For example, I love using WordPress and have installed it on all of my websites because they make it easy for me to get set up. I don’t have to utilize my coding because everything’s plug n’ play. Every year, they upgrade their platform, introducing new plug-ins, themes, interface, etc. Personally, web design is very important and I’d like to go over some of the most popular themes available on WordPress. There are â€œ6â€ so I’ve split this content into two parts. Next,
It’s important to note that the theme you choose to design your WordPress site will depend on the niche. Some of the themes discussed are niche targeted, but this doesn’t mean they cannot be customized to work with all niches. Another great thing with all of the themes is they are compatible with all plug-ins so you can pretty much create any type of blog possible, i.e., ecommerce, general, portfolio, etc.
Let’s get started…
First, once you’re done installing WordPress, head over to Appearance, then Themes, to get started. Select â€œAdd Newâ€ and proceed.
WordPress Simple Theme
A popular theme because you’re essential starting from scratch and can build your blog from the ground up. Next, it’s structured around the latest Bootstrap 3 front-end framework and uses a responsive theme structure so it looks great on tablets and/or mobile phones. Here are some cool features…
- Awesome features using a fascinating responsive design
- Compatible with almost all the plug-ins, and upgrades are seamless
- Widgets are built-in with the ability to embed shortcodes and elements
- Easy integrate social icons to the theme to increase social engagement
- Complete sidebar functionality
- A full responsive layout triggered to be viewed on all devices
Install theme with a click of a mouse and it’s practically set up right out of the box. It’s perfect for niches around construction and corporate businesses. Next, the theme is perfect for those bloggers looking to upload large images in their content or on page. Theme offers enhanced functions for readability and high-resolution graphics.
Here are some of the other cool features…
- A very simple theme to configure and customize
- Integrates with plug-in very seamlessly and is compatible with a majority of them
- Compresses large images automatically WITHOUT plug-in
- The contact form and advanced search is included with theme
- Attractive menu style
- The theme comes with a high resolution pixel design
- Sidebar offers powerful widgets that are ready to use upon installation
Unite WordPress Theme
Another awesome theme using the latest Bootstrap 3 version and is gaining popularity for how easy it is to use. The Unite WordPress theme is completely responsive so will work on different devices like tablets and smart phones. A very clean design gives you a lot of room to explore different customization styles. I like to consider this theme â€œout-of-the-boxâ€ because you can simply install and start blogging. Theme comes equipped with sliders, multi-layered, extra widgets, and search bar.
Let’s look at some of the other cool features…
- Perfect for wedding and photography niches because of the image-centered design. Can be utilized by simple blogging websites because of the clean structure.
- Awesome layouts for gallery, blog, and shop
- Unique main menu and search bar ready
- Sidebar widgets that can be easily customized for anything
- Works right out of the box
- Sharp text, HD images, and beautiful icons
- Seamlessly integrates with ecommerce and social media
- The slider comes equipped with navigational buttons